>

Thursday, August 18, 2016

You ready to vote?



You may not have heard, they've been keeping it on the DL, but there's a presidential election coming up. Some have even said this is an important presidential election (although, if you ask me ALL elections are important).

I've heard of people thinking they are registered to vote, only to find out ON ELECTION DAY, that they were not. Oh the weeping and the wailing. Maybe you think you already did it (did you?), maybe you think it's automatic (it's not), or maybe you think your wife, brother, or 2nd cousin signed you up when they registered (wait...why would you think that?), whatever you've got going on, may I suggest that you double check before it's too late?

Each state has different rules and deadlines, so check yours and get registered if you're not. Also, if your state offers early or mail in ballots, DUDE! Get on that list!! I've had lots of people tell me that they prefer to go down to the polling station and vote in person. They enjoy the pageantry, solidarity, and symbolism of waiting in line for who knows how long with a bunch of strangers. If that's your thing, great! I get it (not really, but sort of, I guess). BUT, in Arizona (check the rules in your state, they may be different) requesting an early ballot does not mean you can't go vote in person if that's what you want to do. It just means you have your ballot early, you can study it, reflect on your choices, talk it over with your psychic, then, if it gets close to election day and you feel like getting it out of the way early, BOOM! You drop it in the mail. No stamp required. OR election day comes and the county recorder has made a drastic reduction in the number of available polling places and it looks like you might have to wait for HOURS and then more HOURS to vote, BOOM! You have your ballot and you can just drop it off. All I'm saying, is that the early voting list is all perks, no non-perks.

If you want to register, double check your registration, or sign up for early voting and you live in Arizona go HERE

If you live in another state, HERE are links to some other state's elections website. If your state isn't on the list, try Google. Google knows everything man.

I don't care who you vote for (well, I mean I DO, but...), just make sure you vote. It's your right and your responsibility. Like they say at the Olympics, you can't win if you don't play...wait, maybe I'm thinking of Vegas,,,,either way...vote, and while you're at it, make sure your kids see you do it.

Okay. I'm done lecturing.

For now.

No comments:

 
>