>

Wednesday, August 17, 2016

The sound of (almost) silence

We are down to only 2 kids left at home. The new school year started for them a couple of weeks ago, and it starts for me tomorrow (senior year for 2 of us!!).

Back in the day when there were 5 kids at home this time of year was crazy. There were schedules to get used to, new teachers, homework, friends in and out. It was busy, and usually loud.

Now it's quiet. These last two are pretty independent, and even a gaggle of friends at this age is much easier to manage than a gaggle of 12 year olds. (We haven't had an explosion in our backyard in ages).

I always thought I would be sad when we came to this point and the kids didn't need me as much. I figured it would be lonely and boring. So far that's not the case.

Loud and busy can be fun, but quiet is pretty good too.


No comments:

 
>