>

Saturday, July 23, 2016

Or a really hot day

I would say I spend 40% of my time feeling adequate, 50% questioning everything I do and say, and the other 10% feeling like I am far superior to the idiots I'm surrounded by. Sometimes someone will say something to me or I will overhear them, and BOOM. I turn into Captain Smug. The other day I happened to hear a conversation about insects. The conversers were specifically talking about cockroaches and the disgust they feel towards them, "I don't know about you, but I can't deal with anything that could survive a holocaust."

Guys, I felt like I was sitting in a David Sedaris story.

It took everything I had not to say, "I'm sorry, but I believe the horrible event you mean is a nuclear blast, or a famine, or some other manner of disaster, because victims of the Holocaust belonged to very specific groups, PLENTY of insects, and ...wait for it...even HUMANS survived the Holocaust."

I mean, did they even understand what the Holocaust was?

I was thrown off for the rest of the day. It's not often that I feel like I'm the smartest person in the room, but when it happens, I savor it.

Don't worry. By the next day I was back to overthinking my every word and gesture.

1 comment:

lori.huffaker said...

I have nothing to say...I am speechless. Also, I often feel like the dumbest person in the room when I'm alone with you. Just sayin, even though I am speechless.

 
>