>

Saturday, September 26, 2015

The sad part is, I can't even make myself care.

Y'all, I am a grown woman who cannot remember when she last showered. I am offically a bag lady.

I can't remember if I've showered, so I certainly cannot remember what I have written about here in the last 6 months, but in my head I have composed dozens of posts about my fears of transferring to ASU from community college, and how I just KNEW it was going to be horrible, and possibly kill me.

Turns out those fears were 100% justified.

Going to "real" college is about to do me in. At least 3 times a week I seriously entertain the thought of quitting school.

This is dumb. Right? I cannot quit school. RIGHT?

I love my classes (unless they are taught by cheery non-cynical people. BTW, cheery non-cynical people, you are annoying.). What I don't love is feeling like everything is going so quickly that I don't have time to savor what I'm learning. I want to roll around in the Federalist Papers and read all 6000 pages of Democracy in America. I want to hang out with other nerds and talk about just war theory.

At the same time, I want to talk to my kids about boys who are jerks and what color tie to buy for homecoming. I want to watch 20 episodes of Parks and Rec with them and eat ice cream and laugh our heads off.

I want to be everything to everyone, is that so much to ask?

WHY DON'T I HAVE A TIME MACHINE YET??!?!?!?


The 10 minutes I stole from homework to write this were up 3 minutes ago. It's been real. Light a candle for me, k?

1 comment:

Ginger said...

I can relate. I don't have time to write, but I'm so glad you posted so I could read. 10 classes and 18 months to go for me... sigh... I feel like Thomas the Train... I think I can, I think I can... choo! choo!

We can do this!

 
>