>

Monday, December 22, 2014

My gosh you guys, I AM TIRED!!!!!!!!!

I seem to have gotten my holiday mojo back this weekend and I'm actually, for the first time this year, feeling a little bit excited about Christmas. I finished my shopping, sewed 16 pairs of pajamas, and ALL packages to out of state family members have been mailed. I even cooked homemade chicken noodle soup and rolls for dinner last night. Just call me Santa's little helper. Like the dog. On the Simpsons.

It's amazing what you can get done when you don't have any homework, and also when you wake up at 3 A.M. and can't get back to sleep.

It wasn't my plan to get up that early, but I made the best of it. I did some last minute shopping on Amazon, (Everyone on my list who was going to be stuck with one of those silly impersonal gift cards, is now getting a book I think they should read*!! Let's hear it for insomnia!!! 6 people are getting The Secret. Bahahahaha!! {Not really...about The Secret, but totes for reals about the books....someday you'll thank me...or not}.) Then I caught up on all of the online gossip about Kim Kardashian** and prepared my lesson for church. (I teach a Sunday School class to the 6 & 7 year olds, you can't really walk in there unprepared, although, as evidenced by my lack of preparation until Sunday morning, that was clearly my plan.{To be clear, the lesson was not about the Kardashian's, it was about gift giving. So I guess, in a way, it was about the Kardashians, because, Kim and Kanye are just like the Jelly of the Month Club, they're the gift that keeps on giving}.) By the time my husband got out of bed at 7:00, I was finishing up the last of my sewing while having a Taylor Swift marathon.

Anywho. This morning when I woke up at 3 A.M. and couldn't go back to sleep I was much less able to see the bright-side of things. I really really tried to sleep more, which is like willing your phone to ring when you're waiting for an important call. It never happens. So I finally got up at 4;00, and now here I am.

*I totally stole the book idea from my friend Lori, who is doing a much sweeter and less passive aggressive version with her family where she gives them a book she loves and writes individual letters telling them why.

**I did not really read anything online about Kim Kardashian. I don't even know why I said that. I guess I just wanted to sound cool. Which I did, right? 

No comments:

 
>