>

Friday, September 26, 2014

Whoa!! 2 days in a row!?

I KNOW!! I can't believe I'm here again either, but yesterday went quite a bit better, and lo, though I'm not a superstitious person, I figured it couldn't hurt to wear the same socks I wore yesterday and get up early to write a short blog post.

Last night our daughter had a band concert.....can we talk about those things for minute? WHY SO LONG BAND TEACHER?? I love my kid, we ALL love our kids, but seriously, 2 hours, on a week night where each arrangement is introduced as being written by "one of the most proflific composers of our time, or all time, or his time" come on now son!! It's toooooooo much.

K?

Anyway!! I got there early and these two women came and sat a couple of rows behind me. I was trying to study the elasticity of demand but they were talking and talking and it was enough to distract me from the fascinating algebraic formulas in my text book. If you know my love of a good equation you know that is no easy feat. Good golly they had A LOT to complain about. Or at least they thought they did.

Perspective makes all the difference, don't you agree? Most of us have so  much less to be unhappy about than we admit. Complaining seems to be something we do, like it's our version of my grandpa's version of, "I can top that one, did you hear about the...?" (Not that my grandpa every played I Can One Up You, he's not that kind of guy, but you know what I mean, right?)

Ok. Gotta run. Today's gonna be even better than yesterday, I'm sure of it.

1 comment:

lori.huffaker said...

I have missed reading your blogs!! I am sad that you feel like your bitter and no fun. I know how crazy busy you are and how hard you are working. I think your pretty darn amazing! But I do miss the fun sarcasm. Work on that will ya?

 
>