>

Friday, June 13, 2014

Never underestimate the power of the internet

David Babaii for Wild Aid David Babaii for WildAid Bohemian Beach Spray

I kept seeing "beach spray" all over Pinterest. It gives your hair body, texture, a beachy look. All that stuff. It sounds so carefree and summery. And the smell!! Ooh! 

All the sea salt spray gals talk about the smell.

I hadn't ever really thought about wanting my hair to look beachy, but now, with everyone talking about how great it was, I figured I must be missing out on a real good hair time so I grabbed a bottle the other day. 

Because as you know, I'm all about the hip trends. In fact, the last time I was at the beach I was wearing this...
(Sorry if the angle is making you want to throw up, our daughter took this picture. I'd rotate it if I knew how, but I'm not really sure that would help.)

The idea was my hair would end up looking like this...
.beach hair
I hate to break it to you, but after a not so lengthy trial period, I've concluded that beach hair is not all that great. Additionally, it seems to be a lot like what my hair looks like when I get out of bed in the morning, a look I achieve perfectly without spraying fake ocean water on my head. (I'm not posting a picture of that, you'll have to use your imaginations.)

I've used the spray a couple of times and I don't really notice a difference besides my hair feeling a little crunchy (I'm guessing that has something to do with the kelp...I don't even like knowing kelp exists, and now I am spraying it's essence on my hair, what the??). When I googled "beach spray doesn't work" I learned that maybe my hair wasn't dirty enough. 

I know I've mentioned the mysteries of dry shampoo before, but are you aware that there are women out there going 7 to 10 days without washing their hair THEN they spray it with seaweed infused water so they can look like they've been to the beach? Come on now! That is not right!!

After a great deal of reflection (too much reflection really), I have decided that beach hair is not for me. I'm not even a huge fan of the beach (sand...ya know?) and also, I should keep away from the Pinterest. Next thing you know I'll be trying to eliminate my arm pit fat* while eating six layer brownies*.

*Both are REAL categories on Pinterest. Holy moly. I didn't even know there was such a thing as arm pit fat until Pinterest came along, much less a movement to eliminate it. Ladies, we may be taking this whole "looking good" thing a little too far.

No comments:

 
>