>

Friday, May 30, 2014

It occurs to me that it may seem like I have a problem...

I watched a couple of movies last weekend.

Before you judge, remember it was a three day weekend...

On Friday we went to see The Railway Man. I liked it, I'm not sure how Sylvan felt, Nicole Kidman is not his favorite, nor mine for that matter, however....Colin Firth...Do you really need to know anything else? It's based on a true story. I'm always amazed at how cruel people can be under the umbrella of war and on the other hand, it's amazing what people are able to live with, and overcome.


Miss Representation is a documentary about the way women are portrayed in the media (hint...not positively), it wasn't really new information for me, but it's always good to have a reminder that I should be having more discussions with my kids about the difference between reality and what the media tries to present as reality.


X-men was good, we saw it on Monday. It was basically what I expected, except for seeing so much of Hugh Jackman, that was a surprise. 


The Revsionaries is another documentary, it's about the Texas Board of Education and their push to re-write science and history textbooks in ways that don't necessarily reflect ACTUAL science or history and it discusses why what Texas does affects the entire country, textbook wise.


And one more documentary, Jesus Camp. This film focuses on the way some evangelicals are indoctrinating their children. That's all I'm gonna say about that. Religion is a sensitive subject, but I think it's worth watching, if for no other reason to gain a better understanding about the way other people see the world.

No comments:

 
>