>

Wednesday, March 12, 2014

Young me would be so embarrassed by old me.

This week is my Spring Break. It's funny how your idea of a good time changes as you get older, right?

When I was younger (and stupider) Spring Break was a big party, like the kind with beer, and there was always a significant effort to get a tan so it at least LOOKED like you spent the week all slathered up with Hawaiian Tropic on the beach in Florida. It's still a "party", but my definition has changed. Now party means I can get to bed at a decent hour and I don't have wear make-up for 2 days in a row.

It's so nice to not have to go to class or have math homework for a few days. I've been using my free time super wisely. I polished off the rest of season 2 of House of Cards, then I washed my brain out with a few old episodes of 30 Rock, then I day-dreamed for an hour about the unstoppable team that would be created if Jack Donaghy and Frank Underwood joined forces. I've also eaten my weight in dark chocolate Cadbury mini eggs (I really need the candy holidays to be OVER), and I returned some over-due books to the library. It's only Wednesday!! Can you imagine the amount of candy and bad TV I will have consumed by the end of the week??

Spring Break ROCKS!

It's not all fun and games though, I have a presentation due soon after the break is over, and a math test coming up, so I'll be doing some school work this week. Just not the normal amount and I won't be wearing make-up....or pants....while I do it. Cha-Ching!!

And now, if you'll excuse me, I have to go do some research on the rising rates of female incarceration in the United States.

No comments:

 
>