>

Friday, December 20, 2013

Well hey there blog...how you doin'?

When I woke up this morning I discovered that somehow during the night, probably while checking the time to see if I could squeeze in 10 more minutes before my alarm went off, I accidentally tried to Facetime my Granny. Fortunately I don't think my Granny even HAS a cell phone, and if she does I guarantee you it does NOT have the ability to Facetime. Thank heavens, because if the connection had been successful I would have been in for quite the talking to at 3 a.m.

So! The semester is over and I'm really looking forward to just doing my regular stuff for a few weeks. Who would have ever guessed that ONLY working 40 hours a week and trying to keep up with life and whatnot could feel like a vacation? I'd like to brag about my grades, but A. I'm not a bragger, and B. I've already been informed that community college is not REAL college and that I can take my A's that I earn there and add them to the B's and C's I get after I transfer to an actual university and see how things pan out. It reminds me of when I came home from the gym that time super excited to have run a long distance on the treadmill, and one of our kids overheard telling my husband and let me know that running on a treadmill is not the same as REALLY running. And that friends, is what family is for, no chance of anybody getting too big for their britches around here.

I leave you with this.......


It's a jar of dead scorpions that resides on my brother's back porch. Every time they kill one they put it in the jar for.........who knows. Not creepy AT ALL.

1 comment:

Ginger said...

Thanks for bringing your funny bone back to blogland. I've missed you! Hooray for A's! And YES... They are "real" A's. I have your back sister! :)

 
>