>

Tuesday, December 31, 2013

Out with the old.....

As we close out the year there are a few things I need to say, you know, so we can start 2014 with a clean slate and all.

1. During the last 5 days I have left my house....in my car, not just like, to get the mail or something... wearing both of these ensembles. I don't even know what to say, besides my feet get cold and the people who live in places with actual weather are super lucky I don't live there. I don't even want to think about where this could go if I had to think about water/snow proofing.

Yes, those ARE thermal pajama bottoms covered in glittery snowflakes, do you have some too?
 ~the socks on the right aren't so bad until you notice the turquoise peace signs on each ankle.~
2. This giant Justin Bieber is in my backyard and I don't know why. I woke up Saturday morning and he was here. Good grief.

 3. After the joy of Christmas wore off I took a look at my account balances and decided it would be prudent to take a break from buying stuff, just for a little while. Unfortunately, this morning I had to take a break from my break when I was forced to buy this shirt. I'm sure you can understand why....
Gophers....wearing wigs....saying "can't gopher that"....I HAD TO!!! They're Maneaters....they make my dreams come true.... It's the gift I didn't get for Christmas because I didn't know it existed and therefore could not know I wanted. 

 4. Kentucky beat Louisville on Saturday. That was a gift I DID know I wanted.

There you go. I feel much better now. 

Do you have big New Year's Eve plans? We usually stay home and go to bed early, but this year I'm feeling like I want to do something else. Not like hit the clubs or anything, just like maybe dinner and a movie. It's pretty likely that my urge to go out has something to do with the fact that I told Ivy she could have some friends over, meaning there is going to be a gaggle of teenage girls ringing in the new year with our giant Justin Beiber, and I'm feeling like I need to put a little distance between myself and that celebration.


No comments:

 
>