>

Thursday, August 8, 2013

Well, that's it.

Summer vacation is over. Just like that. Is it my imagination...did summer vacation used to be longer? Our kids get out of school towards the end of May and they go back at the beginning of August. It's too short.

I know some people like to have their kids in school but I've never been one of them.

Education. Who needs it?

Just kidding.

I like having them around the house, even on the days I want to kill them. Now it's too quiet. Of course, it's been getting quieter all the time anyway, since 2/5ths of my kids don't even LIVE here anymore. (Which by the way, the whole growing up and moving out thing? Super rude.)

Anyway, Eli and Ivy went to school yesterday. I was nervous for them, it's Eli's first year at the high school and Ivy has had a little girl drama with one of her friends lately, and for reals, you NEVER know how that junk is gonna shake out, but they both came home super happy. They love their teachers and their classes and all is well in girlville....for now. I know it's only the first day, and it can't be all good times all the time, but it's nice to have them come home smiling once in a while.


No comments:

 
>