>

Friday, August 16, 2013

New is not always better, that's all I'm trying to say. Really.

Our grocery store is being remodeled and I'm not very happy about it.

I don't understand the need to remodel in the first place. There was nothing wrong with our store. Have they never heard the phrase, "if it's not broke don't fix it"? This is how societies fall apart...people start thinking their grocery stores need a face lift every 20 years, next thing you know we're living in chaos and there are zombies around every corner. It's a slippery slope.

I can't find anything. It's driving me insane. I go in thinking I'll just grab one thing but it's not where I left it and before you know it I've loaded my cart with a bunch of junk I didn't plan to buy and I STILL haven't found what I came for except I don't remember that unfortunate fact until I get home because I'm so disoriented by the idea that the powers that be have decided that my perfectly good supermarket needs a sushi bar.

My husband, as it would happen, works for the company overseeing the remodel. This has turned out NOT to be helpful in any way.

Well, that's not entirely true, there's the minor detail of his job remodeling grocery stores allows me to be able to afford groceries in the first place. But the fact that he's EXCITED about the sushi bar and he thinks I'm crazy for not being excited about the sushi bar cancels that out. He keeps telling me that most everything is in the same place it's always been. Which is a LIE.

It does however come in handy having him there on the days when I just can't bring myself to shop for food. I don't love grocery shopping to begin with, so, as you can imagine, this remodeling business is making it nearly impossible for me. Luckily I can just text him a list of what I need and he brings it home at the end of the day. It's like having a delivery service that I don't have to pay for, unless you count all of the extra condiments he buys, in that case, I'm totally paying for it. (I cannot for the life of me understand why there are so many varieties of mustard, much less why he feels like he needs to try every single one. It's an X-file.)

Anyway, I tell you this mostly to get it off my chest, but also so you will understand if I come by your house to borrow dinner because I wasn't up to the challenge of trying to track down ingredients in this mess. ~




It's madness.




No comments:

 
>