>

Wednesday, July 24, 2013

You probably have better things to do than read this.

Right. So when I said that I'd write about the back to school shopping on Monday, I forgot that on Monday I would be having a root canal, on Tuesday (yesterday) our son had his wisdom teeth removed, and frankly, all that dentistry left me not feeling so much like writing about, well, anything really.

I HATE going to the dentist. Can I just tell you that before I talk about shopping? It's expensive, painful, and takes too long. The whole time I'm lying there in the chair being drilled and scraped and yanked on, my shoulders are getting tighter and tighter, and then it ends up costing me million of dollars. Seriously, I would think in this age of modern technology, at the very least they could come up with a way to make dental work go faster and be a little less painful/stressful. Sheesh.

Anyway.

So, I tired to write about the shopping, but it's just boring. We went shopping. It was pretty much what I expected. Expensive stores full of loud music and teenagers. My daughter informed me that I am too old to wear florescent pink. It was enlightening.

Lemme ask you something...While we were shopping I found a great pair of pants for myself at Gap. When I wore them to mutual one of the girls said she liked them and I said, "Thanks! I got them at the Gap." Then she started DYING laughing. "It's just GAP, not THE Gap." hahahaha!

What the? Am I the only one who remembers it being THE Gap? Why would Gap want go and drop the THE and make me look all old and whatnot in front of a bunch of teenagers?

Anyway.

Over the weekend I caught up on my magazine reading and finished watching season 3 of In Treatment. If you have not watched In Treatment I cannot imagine why. It's like eavesdropping on crazy people's therapy sessions and Gabriel Bryne is the therapist. What more do you need to know?

Wow, I just read this and it is ALL OVER THE PLACE, which is an accurate representation of my brain today. I wonder if I could get an appointment with Gabriel Bryne?  I don't care if he's not a real therapist. His voice is very soothing.

No comments:

 
>