>

Wednesday, July 10, 2013

Oh, hey. How's it going?

I feel silly admitting this, but summer is kicking my trash!

At the end of the school year I always convince myself that I'm going to spend the next couple of months relaxing. Not because that's ever happened, more likely, my subconscious knows that's the only way to get me to buck up and make it through all of the end of year projects,homework, concerts, and other very important school related things.

It never happens though. Summer always ends up being just as busy, if not more, than the school year. Plus it's a refreshing 362 degrees outside. That helps TONS.

For posterity's sake, here's what I've been up to~

1. School. I'm taking 2 summer classes. They'll be over next week, then it's relaxation city for the rest of the summer. (hahahahaha!)

2. Work. Sadly earning money to pay for the basic things we need to survive is a year round job. Who knew?

3. Driving kids to swim team, friend's houses, movie, other activities.....basically everywhere but the library.

4. Not cooking dinner. Ugh. Do you cook? I'm not awesome about it ever, but summer is the worst. We've eaten about an entire watermelon patch up in here because it's easier to slice one open than to plan and prepare a meal. Cereal is big too. Lots of Cookie Crisp going down the hatch. (I KNOW, you'd think I would at least buy cereal with a little bit of nutritional value. I'm the WORST!)

5. I went to California with my brother and my son to support my sister-in-law while she ran 100 miles. It was impressive and inspiring. (The race, not my support. Duh.) You can read all about it here.

6. Girls camp. It was fun and hot and exhausting. Yay.

I think that catches me up for now. Don't be too jealous of my leisurely lifestyle.

1 comment:

Ginger said...

We are in the SAME boat my friend! Except I'm not taking summer classes.... Thank goodness!

I had watermelon and a brownie for dinner last night. :)

Girl's camp in two weeks...

I'm running on fumes! But at least it rained yesterday. There's one good thing. ha ha

 
>