>

Tuesday, June 18, 2013

We have lots going on, but none of it is very exciting.

This is going to be quick because I am oh so busy. Good busy, but still, ugh, soo soooo busy. Really, I'm writing this morning for my own record and so my mother knows we're still alive. The rest of you may be bored to tears, I won't be offended if you back away quietly looking for excitement elsewhere.

Swim team has started for Ivy. I think this is my favorite year ever. We struck a deal that she would go to practice but she didn't have to attend any of the meets and I have to say it's a win-win. She swims laps for an hour every morning and we don't have to sit in the heat dripping with sweat once a week to watch a one minute race.

Eli is volunteering at the pool as a jr. lifeguard, which he LOVES. He comes home everyday with stories of little scamps who break the rules and ignore his whistle. I just laugh and think to myself, "Karma. It bites."

Nate finally got his drivers license a couple of weeks ago (it's a long story whose main character is a boy named Stubborn). He's reached that lovely post graduation stage of omniscience I have enjoyed so much with each of our children. When he's not working at the water park, he's just hanging out reminding us over and over that he's 18 now and we "don't need to tell him EVERYTHING!".

Last night, desperate for something to watch on TV, I started watching the West Wing from the beginning. I missed it the first time around. Don't tell me how it ends. I like surprises.

That's it. I'll try to get myself in some kind of I Love Lucy mess soon so I have something good to write about.

1 comment:

Ginger said...

Oh man, I can relate! I barely have time to even read a blog post once in a while, much less write one. I was hoping for a quiet summer, but it isn't looking that way. I hope things slow down soon! :) It sounds like your kids are having a good summer and working hard at the same time. That's awesome!

 
>