>

Tuesday, May 7, 2013

That was some weekend.

I tell you what. We got CRAZY!!

Well, crazy for us. I meant to tell you about it sooner, like yesterday, but you know, life and whatnot got in the way. Better late than never, right?
On Friday we went to a real live rock and roll concert with wristbands and everything. I KNOW!
My friend's son is in a band and they just happened to be going on stage early enough that I didn't think I'd fall asleep in the audience.
I've done that before, it's embarrassing. 

Not this time though, I stayed awake and it was awesome. 
I'm not just saying that because I carpool with a couple of the band members.
The only downside was the total confirmation of our agedness. The club they played in is in downtown Phoenix. Lots of one way streets and very little parking. The only lots close by all had signs posted saying they were private and we would be towed if we parked without a parking permit of one kind or another. Young us would have just parked anywhere and figured we'd deal with the tow situation when and if it happened. Old us was not feeling so reckless, we drove around (up and down narrow one way streets in an unfamiliar neighborhood) for 20 minutes trying to find a well lit parking meter. Finally time was running out and we didn't want to miss the show so we decided to park in the YMCA lot and hope for the best.



(this video is NOT from the concert)
When the show was over we raced walked back to our car, which fortunately had not been towed yet. But from the looks of the Segway riding parking lot guard we were just in the nick of time. Whew! I tell you what. Living on the edge is not as much fun as it used to be.

Saturday night we, along with everyone else in town, went to watch Robert Downey Jr. save the world. I'm starting to think my need to have a good seat at the movies is getting out of hand. We arrived an hour early for the 7:20 show, but upon learning that 75% of the seats were sold I insisted on waiting for the 8:30 show. I don't even know what to say besides where I sit is an important part of the experience for me. My husband is very sweet about it. Probably because as long as he humors my theater anxiety I let him pick where we eat every time we go out.

Sunday I made a big ol' pan of fried rice to celebrate Cinco de Mayo, then I watched Call the Midwife and went to bed. Mexican independence at its finest.

My life is truly so exciting. I can't even imagine the envy you must be feeling right about now. 

No comments:

 
>