>

Thursday, May 2, 2013

Some stuff, in no particular order.

Sorry about yesterday, boy that was one big whiny rant, eh? You know, I want to be one of those people who doesn't care what other people say to or about them, and I'm trying to be, but I'm weak and I'm not there yet. Also, I'm tired lately, just so damn tired. I always seem to have a headache of one sort or another, either the literal kind or the kind where you've told too many people you would do too many things and now...holy hell...your head might explode. That's sort of what happened with yesterday's post. My head kind of exploded all over the keyboard.

I finally ordered graduation announcements this morning. I didn't mean to put it off until the last minute, it just worked out that way. I'm having a hard time getting my head around the fact that it's May already. What the heck?

Last night our son went to his very first concert. When he came home from school yesterday he told me his friend had an extra ticket to the Prince (is he back to using his old name again?) concert and they figured they should go since it was a once in a lifetime opportunity. He didn't really explain what he meant by "once in a lifetime", I can only assume that he means you never know when the purple rain is going to fall again so you have to get it while it's hot. This morning I asked him how it was and he said, "It was awesome! Except there were lots of old people, and they were trying to dance and stuff. I just wanted to say, don't forget, you're not 18 anymore. It was embarrassing."

Upon further prodding I learned that those "old" people were about my age.

I've never been interested in going to a spa and being exfoliated and massaged. I'm not a fan of the massage. (I'm weird, ok? Don't act like you didn't already know that.) However, for some reason it's sounding really good lately. I might even be down with one of those facial peel things that takes 10 years off your face by removing the top 10 layers of skin. I just realized it might sound like I want to be younger because my son made fun of the old people at the Prince concert, please let me assure you that has nothing to do with it. I've been wanting to look younger since last week when I noticed all of the age spots on the driver's side of my face and neck. Stupid Arizona sun.

Speaking of getting a little sun. On Saturday I decided to cut the grass. In the way of hearing protection I was using my ipod. Sadly, this form of protection offers little protection to the neighbors who, my daughter informed me, could hear me singing along over the roar of the mower. And that's how the whole neighborhood got to hear my versions of Family Tradition and Like a Virgin.  I don't even know what to say about that, except, at least I wasn't dancing.

1 comment:

Ginger said...

lol... that's so funny! I loved Prince when I was a teenager. But then he changed his name and I thought he was stupid so I didn't like him anymore. :) Yes, we are old.

I'm not a big fan of the massage thing either. My sister made me get one last year on a sister's trip. Ya... not doing it again. Although... I do love facials and head/neck massages. They are awesome! How about I watch for some deals on Groupon and come down there and we'll go get facials! I'm totally down with that... plus, we need it. This has been a hard month for us in the mom department! :)

 
>