>

Friday, April 26, 2013

This might be a good time for L.L. Cool J to head back to Cali

Ever had a thing pointed out to you, and before that moment you didn't even know it was a thing, then all of the sudden...THING!

Like one time, someone asked me how often I cleaned the door knobs in our house. And I was like "Uh, when I grab one and something gross gets on my hand." And they were like, "Right, but you clean them other times, right?" And I was like, "Of course!" But in my mind I was like, "This woman has lost her damn mind if she thinks I have a cleaning schedule at all, much less one that includes a time slot for door knob sanitation."

It's been years since this conversation but I still think about it sometimes, mostly I think about how it's a funny thing to ask someone, but every now and then I see a door knob and for a second I think I'm not domestic enough because I don't clean mine on a regular basis.

It happened again this week. There was a thing that I didn't know existed and now I know and BAM! I know it's out there I cannot stop thinking about it.

A friend came under the rock where I live and showed me this video.


At first I thought the whole thing was a joke, a pretty funny one actually. It had to be. I don't listen to much country music so I really have no idea what's coming out of Nashville these days, (This must be such a sad thing for my mother who tried her hardest to raise country fans by drowning us in Kenny Rogers and the Oak Ridge boys during our childhoods. Sorry mom. The Mandrell Sisters did have great hair, but in the end it just wasn't enough.) but surely no one is this dumb. I don't even know what to say. It makes me wonder, well, so many things, but mostly, don't Brad and L.L. have people? Handlers? Someone who could sit them down and say, "No, seriously dudes, this is a BAD idea?"

Anyway, I can't quit. I've watched this video about 10 times and it is not getting old. It kills me every time. I think I get what they were trying to do, but really......so not hitting the mark.

When I said I think cleaning your door knobs is dumb, what I meant to say was, "I like chocolate chip cookies.".

PS~Special thanks to Karen for alerting me to the existence of this video. You know how make the carpool interesting for sure!

No comments:

 
>