>

Friday, March 15, 2013

Beware the Ides of March



I can't lie, I'm having a hard time rustling up much enthusiasm for March Madness this year, but don't worry! Rustle I will, for I have no desire to be branded a sore loser or any of that business. The show must go on, even when your team has a crap year, right? 

Selection Sunday is this coming Sunday, as in just a few days from now, as in St. Patrick's Day. As in this week is SO loaded with FUN, Pi Day, the Ides, St.Patrick's Day AND Selection Sunday! Why if I were a drinking man...(YES! I do know that technically Sunday is NEXT week, what's yer point?)

Any who....The odds of Kentucky being selected for much of anything Sunday are slim. I'm still hopefull, but I"m not completely delusional. It's fine. That just means I'm going to have to employ a less emotional/more strategic bracket strategy this year. Maybe I'll actually get some points this time!

Here's a link to the bracket group. It's called Sue's 2013 Group. I know, I'm the best group namer EVER.

Same deal as last year.~
1. Click on the link.
2. If you've played before just use your same login/password from last time, or you can login through your facebook account.
3. Make your selections.
4. When your team wins you get points, whoever has the most points at the end of the tournament wins. (I don't care how your office bookie scores his bracket group, we will be using the handy ESPN rules, which do not require me to do any math, thankyouverymuch.)
5. Winner gets a shirt from any team they want. Unless you don't like prizes, or you feel weird about claiming prizes, or you don't wear shirts. If you're just in it for the glory I get it. (Not really, but I'll pretend like I do so you don't feel awkward.)

You will not be able to start filling in your brackets until Sunday evening after all of the teams have been announced. The group will remain open until tip off of the March 21st games, at that time the group will lock. 

 Links to previous posts obsessing over tournament nonsense. 
HERE (I'm really proud of this one, like, if I were still in high school, I KNOW I could have turned this post in for a grade and gotten a B, maybe even a B+ plus.)
and
HERE (My brother wrote this one, I guess he knows a couple of things. But don't tell him. He'll get a fatter head.)


P.S.~ Last year I was able to buy an app that let me watch all of the games on my phone. I cannot seem to find this year's version of that app. Help!! Anyone? I NEED that app, or it's cousin. Seriously. 

1 comment:

the running couple said...

I'm pretty sure I nailed it, so there isn't any reason for anyone else to bother.

-Todd

 
>