>

Friday, February 8, 2013

And just like that.....it's Friday already.

Where in the world did this week go? Also, I just ate one blueberry cake doughnut and a dozen doughnut holes. I'm starting a new holiday, it's called Fat Friday. (Is Fat Tuesday a holiday? Or does it fall into some other religious category that I'm unfamiliar with?) I don't even know how I ended up with the doughnut holes. I planned to just get the blueberry cake, then next thing you know, I'm sitting at the drive up window, the smell of yeast and glaze wafting towards me, and I'm ordering enough doughnuts for three people. Holy crap.

Speaking of religion....

I was listening to an episode of This American Life at the gym the other day and they mentioned the International Commission of Charismatic Churches and I laughed (like a snort laugh) out loud (nothing says "don't mind me" like a dufus laughing at nothing on the treadmill). I know I shouldn't have, it just struck me as funny. But guess what? It's a real thing, a serious thing, and I can't get it out of my head. I keep thinking what an awesome, you know, like hook. Who wouldn't want to go to a church that had charisma? Makes me think of Don Draper for some reason. Not that Don is even the least bit religious. It's mostly the charisma part that makes me think of him. Oh boy. I'm sure I'm digging a hole here. I hope I haven't offended anyone who attends a charismatic church.

Okay, I better quit before I get myself in too much trouble. Have a great weekend

PS~If you don't listen to This American Life you are missing out. Truly. This little gem had me laughing so hard. Mostly because there are some CRAZY people out there and it's comforting to find some that have outdone me in the looney department.





No comments:

 
>