>

Monday, February 4, 2013

....and it's Monday. Whee!

Am I the only one who is sometimes a little happy to see Monday come? I'm sure if I had to comb my hair and face the "real" world instead of working from home with uncombed hair I might feel differently (I would definitely feel differently), but some weeks it's just kinda nice to be alone in my house again, even if I am working.

How was everyone's weekend? Ours was just, you know, weekendy. The highlight of course being the Destiny's Child reunion that took down the Super Bowl. { side note~ we play this game, it's horribly politically incorrect, we started playing after we watched Good Hair (if you haven't seen it you should, it's a documentary about African American hair staring (?) Chris Rock. Netflix it. You'll love it.), the game is called ~Wig or Weave.....I KNOW! It's wrong! Anyway, as soon as Beyonce was joined on stage by Kelly and Michelle, without any prompting, my son looked at me and said, "1 wig, 2 weaves." It was a proud moment. I'm sure you can imagine.}

On Saturday we went to an art gallery where our friend is having a one man show.  It was fitting that we would do something fancy and mature since, after listening to the audio version of Great Expectations last week, my husband has taken to speaking in an English accent. It's a lot like hanging out with Eliza Doolittle, but instead of show tunes he sings 70's rock and roll. He even called up his parents and when his dad got on the phone he said "Auhllow aged, whut ye been up to eh?" To which I'm pretty sure my father-in-law replied, "What in the hell are you talking about Sylvan?"

On Friday I went to see Silver Linings Playbook. It was good. Funny, touching, and a little close to home in places (I've been getting (more) in touch with my crazy lately, I'm not entirely sure I recommend it....getting in touch with your crazy that is, I totally recommend the movie). It's based on a book, which I haven't read but just ordered, because obviously the stack of books on my bedside table that I don't have time to read hasn't fallen over yet, which indicates that it's not Jenga feet tall and can take a couple more books before it becomes a safety issue for the cats. I'll let you know how it is in a year and a half when I finally get time to read it.

No comments:

 
>