>

Wednesday, January 23, 2013

Help me....please, for the sake of the children.

1. I finished Gilmore Girls and Parenthood is over till who knows when, now there's a gaping hole in my TV life just waiting around for April to get here and bring some new episodes of Mad Men. Why oh why do TV seasons have to be so short? Woe. So......what should I be Netflixing? My favorite shows ever are 30 Rock, Mad Men, Seinfeld, Gilmore Girls, Parenthood, ER (Man, didn't you love ER?), The X-files, and *The Love Boat. (I'm sure I'm forgetting a lot great shows (like Mork & Mindy, Three's Company, and Dallas), but you get the idea, tragic with a twist of dark humor.) K. Your favorites...GO!

2.  Food. Meal planning specifically. I need meal suggestions. Badly. It's a problem for several reasons. I work all day and don't have a lot of time to spend making a fancy meal. (fancy = tuna casserole at our house......Side story, once I was on a plane with my daughter and she was watching Paula Deen on the seatback TV and I asked what Paula was making, {I was too cheap to pay for both of us to watch airline TV} and my daughter told me, "Eggplant Cassarow". Which made me die laughing, but not until I made her say it 3 more times because at first I didn't understand what a "cassarow" was. ) My daughter and I stopped eating meat a few months ago and now when I do make a meal (which honestly is rare, 2-3 times a week tops) I'm really making 2 meals because I have not yet figured out how to make the vegetarians and the meat eaters happy at the same time. (We're like polar opposites, I could eat fruit and vegetables all the time, I don't even miss the meat at all, where as the boys would be happy never seeing another stalk of broccoli as long as they live.(which won't be too long on their current diet of meat, cheese and starch)) Also, I've been making dinner for over 20 years. I am OUT of ideas. All of our meals, even the ones we can agree on, are boring. I need fresh meal plans. The only requirements are that they work for the plant eaters AND the meat eaters and that they can be thrown together quickly AND that they don't have curry in them. I'm not a fan of the curry. Easy, right?

3.Remember the Seinfeld episode when the valet stank up Jerry's car? Well, I know how he felt. Over the weekend some milk spilled in the backseat of my car and now the whole car smells like rotten. At first I couldn't figure it out. I was taking my son to school and I thought maybe it was "boy smell", but later I was alone in the car it was still there, that's when I remembered the milk spill. Oh my gosh you guys!!! It is so awful! I tried scrubbing it out. I've drowned it in Febreze. No relief. For now I'm riding around with the windows down, but soon it will be 10,000 degrees here and that won't be an option. Help! How can I get rid of it?

*Just kidding about The Love Boat, though I did go through a phase where I seriously considered becoming a cruise director because I so loved Julie's hair and uniforms.

**Parenthood deserves a whole post/discussion of it's own, which I TOTALLY plan to do, soon. Probably.

4 comments:

Michelle said...

You need to watch Scandal AND White Collar. Both are excellent.

the running couple said...

I love Parenthood, we are only on Season 2, but I like to watch it slowly because when we've watched all the episodes available on Amazon Prime then what will we do?

I wish I could be of more help about the dinner thing. I have a hard enough time coming up with things that are vegetarian and kid-friendly. When the 'meat-eaters' come over we always do pizza, pasta or Mexican which usually means Burritos and Quesadillas. So we are pretty boring around here. I would suggest Pinterest but I've made a lot of things off Pinterest that look yummy but the recipes must be for something slightly different. That or I am just a really bad cook. Come to think of it, I probably am, Todd and Cooper have started doing a lot of our cooking.

SymbioticLife said...

As far as t.v. goes, I'm liking "Up All Night", "The New Normal", "Ben and Kate", and "Reaper". And I now realize I might have a t.v. addiction that I need help with.

I often find some unexpected, creative, fun and easy recipes off of Maggy over at http://saturdayswithmaggy.blogspot.co.uk/

To get the milk smell out of the car, I would probably first try something crazy that I found off the internet and if that didn't work, I'd bite the bullet and have it detailed professionally and see if they could get rid of the smell.

Purple Dreamer said...

Huge fan of Modern Family over here. I picked it up only recently, as since Gilmore Girls, I really haven't had a "show" of my own :)

 
>