>

Thursday, November 15, 2012

My husband owes you one.

My husband, I believe I may have mentioned, is STILL working out of town all week. He gets home on Friday night and I just kind of spew my week all over him. So many things happen during the week that I want to tell him so he doesn't feel like he missed anything, but I don't think he thinks he needs a replay of every event. I think this because a couple of weeks ago he fell asleep while I was telling him about how my brother and I smelled pot (like somebody smoking it in their backyard) while we were taking the kids trick or treating. Surely that's the kind of story that would keep a person awake....guess not.

Anyway, I decided I'd let it all out here before he gets home and give him a break. Then, if by chance he does want to know all of this nonsense he can just read it here.

1. We have family pictures coming up, and I told my kids they could wear anything they wanted, I'm trying to keep it casual and low key, but now I'm kind of driving myself nuts wondering what they're gonna wear and if what I wear, if I can ever decide on that, will match. What have I done?

2. Our daughter, bless her heart, has started this thing where she wears headphones and sings LOUDLY while she does her chores. It's really sweet and carefree.....and loud. She's kind of driving us all bonkers.

3.  I'm really going to try to be done with my Christmas shopping by December 1st, so I've been thinking about gifts a lot this week, sometimes I get an idea that I think is super funny/clever/original, then I remember that not everyone else thinks I'm funny/clever/original......next thing you know it's gift cards all around.

4.  Today at the gym there was this tiny little old lady looking for a machine to use, and she went to one of the elliptical machines and gave it a good shake, like she was trying to see if it was sturdy enough to stand up to the beating she was going to give it. Better safe than sorry I guess.

5. Our daughter sent me a text this afternoon that said "I feel like I'm going to throw up." Then she tried to get me to come and get her. When I suggested she lie down in the nurses office for a few minutes first, to see if the feeling would go away she sent me another text that said, "Nevermind, I'll just suck it up." I'm not sure if I won because she stayed at school or lost because someday she will have those texts to use against me when she needs some guilt points.

6. I cooked, a real meals, twice this week.

7. Thanksgiving is a week away and I'm already having anxiety about gathering with those who are closest to me.

8. The YMCA is closed all week next week for the holiday. What? All week?! That is really not going to work for me. I get cranky and stressed when I can't go to the gym (What have I become?). Please see #7 if you think this is not going to be a problem.

9. Tylenol with codeine makes me feel/act like I'm drunk. If I don't figure out a way to get my runs in next week I just might have to take some on Thursday. Which could actually make for the most interesting family gathering we've had in years.

10. How is John Travolta making that hairdo of his work? I mean he's bald(ing), we all know it.

This......
 and this.....

are NOT the same hairline. Is he gluing a little rug to his head?


I feel so much lighter. Thanks.



No comments:

 
>