>

Tuesday, October 30, 2012

Wendy Whiner Here


I'm having a bad day. Week? Month? I don't know. It's not even 7 a.m. and the dog has already chewed up a shoe. A new shoe. A shoe that was worn maybe 3 times. She's not even normally a chewer. My husband has been working out of town since July, he's home on the weekends, which I know is more than some people get so I'm trying not to complain, but I'm really getting tired of handling everything by myself. Again, I know LOTS of people don't even have a weekend husband. Or electricity. Sorry. Apparently I can only hold things together until the dog ruins something. I've had a stupid sinus headache for a week and a half that has kept me from the gym and I think I'm cranky because I haven't been able to exercise (#3 on the list of things I thought I'd never say).  We had a family party last night and it should have been really fun, I love all of the people who were there but for some reason I just walked around in a fog, like I was outside of my body. It was weird. Stupid even. I used to love having parties. We had a big pumpkin carving party every year for like 10 years, I'm talking throw open the doors and invite the whole neighborhood big. A few years ago I started feeling overwhelmed by it and we didn't have one at all for a year or two, then last year the kids really wanted to do it again so we invited only family and that was better, but last night, I don't know. Maybe it was because my husband wasn't here, or maybe I'm tired. I was even more awkward than usual. 

Stupid dog.

2 comments:

Ginger said...

I'm sorry you're having a bad day... I can SO relate! Hang in there! Go get some chocolate today... that always makes everything better. :)

lori.huffaker said...

You need a soda.
Sorry it's been yucky. Glad to be going to lunch tomorrow.

 
>