>

Thursday, October 18, 2012

How ya like me now?

Last weekend I was passing through the family room where my children were watching 30 Rock reruns, you know, like children do (we believe in quality television time around here), when I heard Tracy Jordan say "Liz Lemon Cool J". I stopped in my tracks and doubled over laughing.

That guy is funny.

Liz Lemon Cool J.

********

I had a dream last night that I was at a shower of some kind (bridal, baby.....), with people I knew but not well, and there was a game. It was one of those shower games where everyone sits in a circle, in this one we were supposed to tell 3 things about ourselves that no one knew. (By the way, who thinks up these games and does anyone genuinely enjoy them? I didn't think so.) I was racking my brain, and I was nervous about having to say anything at all to the whole group (even in my sleep I'm a train wreck), then I realized there was nothing left that no one knew about me. I mean, there are things that no one knows, but the list of things that I am willing to say out loud has been exhausted. So, I'm sitting there, at a party, feeling like I'm going to throw up because I'm about to lose the game and it's all because I talk too much. I woke up feeling very disappointed with myself.

And that is why there should not be get to know you games at grown up parties.


No comments:

 
>