>

Wednesday, September 26, 2012

Not that there's anything wrong with that.

Last night I was at the end of my homework rope. THE END. It felt like homework had been going on for...ev....er with no end in sight and I just wanted to go to bed. I was doing my best to be available just in case someone needed my help (which is a joke because the last time I was able to offer legitimate homework help was around 4th grade) but it was past my regular 10 pm bedtime and I was getting a little bit annoyed that it was taking so long. (Mark my words, someday scientists are going to tell us that many a parent-child relationship was ruined over homework and thus the end of civilization shall come at the hands of an English teacher who asked her students to create their own myth and write a 4 page paper on said myth using 2 similes, 2 metaphors, 2 hyperboles, and 2 examples of alliteration.)

Soooo, I went into the office to make one last plea to hurry the heck up so we could all call it a day and there was my 17 year old son, at the desk, writing his paper, listening to Barry Manilow. Barry Manilow!


He's a funny kid.

2 comments:

Michelle said...

That is hilarious. And I am totally dreading when homework kicks in. I'm going to pass it all off on Dave... he helped me pass my college Calc class so I'm hoping he'll be the homework helper.

Karen said...

I knew I liked that kid. We are kindred spirits.

 
>