>

Sunday, June 3, 2012

Captain Adventure, that's me

I'm writing this on my phone, technology is my new best friend. I leave for Girl's Camp in a couple of hours. I should be sleeping but I can't. I hate leaving my house. It gives me anxiety. Being gone overnight gives me panic attacks. Every time I go to the grocery store I swear I won't go anywhere ever again. Which is a totally realistic vow. This year my daughter is going to camp for the first time so I really thought I'd be ok. Turns out, not so much. I'm lying in my bed trying to talk myself out of vomiting. With any luck I'll be able to post camp updates from my fancy new phone and you can follow along as I go crazy in the woods, it will be just like the horror movies of my youth , except I won't have mask....or a chainsaw.....Did I mention I love this phone? Cause I do. And even though I'm pretty sure Siri is mocking me sometimes, it's hard to stay mad at the robot who reminds you to return your Redbox movies so you don't get charged for an extra night.

5 comments:

Ginger said...

I totally and completely feel your pain! I don't like being gone overnight either. It causes me panic attacks... literally. I might not make it home alive when I take my kid to college in a few months by myself... 14 hours away. Hope all is well at Girl's Camp! :)

lori.huffaker said...

It's over. We survived. Not much else to say about it.

Karen said...

I always think that I'm crazier than the rest of the world until I stumble upon one more thing that we have in common. Have you heard the story of how I puked all night long the night before I was supposed to go to Las Vegas to see Barry Manilow? To think that my mental illness almost kept me from hearing 'Mandy' sung live is almost more than I can take!

Welcome back!

Shari said...

I have been reading your posts this morning making up for the past few years I have been away. I have been laughing hysterically making me realize YET AGAIN how much I miss you and wish you were back in our ward. I have wanted to comment so many times but logging in is such a big thing, anyway I stumble across this particular post. I could not go on. Lori: it's over. We survived. Nothing else much to say. Seriously. I was looking for the post where you shout out to the world the many virtues of girls camp, the food, the fabulous girls and that all the anxiety is worth it because......
I'm not sure I can go on.

wesley's mom (sue) said...

Oh Shari! You know better than anyone that it IS all worth it. I think Lori and I both had a rough time in our wards last year. Every time I think I can't do it anymore I think of the girls and how much I love them and it keeps me going.

 
>