>

Thursday, May 31, 2012

The First Husband Review

Not my first husband. I've only had one husband and he'd rather I not review him here. It's a book.

 The First Husband by Laura Dave, the latest BlogHer Book Club selection, I read it over the weekend. Not my usual kind of book. I suppose it probably falls under the "chick lit" category. It's a light easy read.

Annie's boyfriend dumps her, she meets a new guy, falls in love, goes against her usual patterns and ends up in kind of a mess, everything works out in the end. I didn't hate it, but it was fairly predictable and I started to feel a little annoyed with the main character after a while. I think probably the problem was me. Which is, as we know, the story of my life.

If however, this is your kind of book, I say go for it. It's not the worst I've read, just not my favorite genre.




I was compensated for this BlogHer Book Club review but all opinions expressed are my own.



1 comment:

The Crislers said...

Maybe the problem was you. Or maybe it really was just the book. I couldn't decide which to blame it on, either.

 
>