>

Sunday, April 8, 2012

Productivity is overrated.

The end of college basketball season has left me with a gaping hole in my life.Gaping, I say. I didn't realize how much time I was spending trash talking and texting my friends and family about scores and coaching techniques and whatnot. Quite a bit apparently. Some people might take this new found chunk of time and do something constructive, like learn a foreign language or organize their sock drawer, however, it pretty much goes without saying that I am not, and never will be "some people". 

In fact, now that I don't have to respond to all those texts that say things like~ "I'm gonna be PISSED if UNC loses." or "What the crap? UNC just lost??!!"  I've discovered plenty of new and exciting ways to waste hours of my life. 

Like Lego Photo. It's an app that turns your pictures into Lego designs. Imagine the possibilities.
Then there was this little mystery that took HOURS to resolve. Last week a big bag of extra long fake fingernails was delivered to my door. Which would have been awesome if I had ordered extra long fingernails, but after much soul searching I determined that there must have been a mistake because no matter how hard I tried I could not recall placing an order for any fingernails at all, much less extra long ones. Luckily when Sherlock Holmes my husband got home he was able to get to the bottom of things by reading the shipping label that I had overlooked when I hastily ripped into the package. Turns out our mailman just delivered them to the wrong address. Can't win them all I guess.
Then I had the thought that maybe I would celebrate Kentucky's victory with something more substantial and classy than my usual yearly t-shirt purchase. I decided china might be a good investment. Nothing says "class" quite like dinner plates emblazoned with the UK logo. Yes?
Or maybe a silver chip and dip? What do you think, over the top?
I'm a little embarrassed to tell you how much time I've spent searching for University of Kentucky tableware on the internet, so I won't. Mostly because I didn't keep track. But it was a lot. 

The saddest part of this post is that I really do have TONS of things that I need to do, but yet, here I sit, looking up hairdos I'm too fraidy pants to get and cameras I'm too poor to buy. 

No comments:

 
>