>

Tuesday, April 17, 2012

If you think I am above continuing to talk about running shoes and toenails you have sorely misjudged me.

Remember last year when I found the bestest sandals EVER? Of course you do. What else do you have to do besides remember the drama that is "Sue Buys Shoes & TALKS ABOUT IT ENDLESSLY"? 

Well, the other day I was wearing my sandals. (Would someone please let my granny know that I have not worn them since Labor Day and even though I live in the desert and could justify wearing them sooner, I DID NOT, I waited until after Easter? I know she'll be relieved) I was just going along, minding my own business when......
 HALF OF MY TOENAIL BROKE OFF!! 
 The first thing I did was curse Running. I mean, I'm trying to be a good sport and keep at it and not write hate mail to the office of "Running,Eventually You're Gonna Love It", but now, down half a toenail....grrr. Those guys are lucky I'm depressed and unmotivated. (I can't even keep up with the laundry, so you can imagine how my correspondence is suffering.)

Anyway, the bottom line is, after waiting all these months to for sandal season to finally arrive I'm going to have to wait a few more weeks because I'm way too vain to go around with my feet looking like that. It's a sad situation.

However, I did finally get some running shoes that fit and feel good so I'm not giving up on running yet.
~Brooks Ghost, size 9~

(Though I don't think anyone who loves to wear sandals would blame me if I did, so don't get cocky Running. The ice is thin if you know what I'm sayin'.)

1 comment:

the running couple said...

I have the same shoes, just got them a week ago. Not sure that I love them as much as past shoes but hoping they grow on me. I ran in them and ended up with some nasty blisters so they are going to have to win back my affection.

 
>