>

Thursday, February 9, 2012

The way we were


I think we can all agree that this is a pretty sweet family portrait. Yes?

That's me in the yellow.  My dress is QUILTED! Couldn't you just die from the cute? 
When I was in Virginia last fall my mom was purging and I was lucky enough to snag this. It's huge-ish. Like 11 x 17, or something crazy, and it looks like it's been chalked or fancied up in a way that I'm positive was all the rage in the 70's. You can't really tell at this size but there has been some serious enhancement to the blue eyed family members. It's a little intense. My mom's hair, however, has not been enhanced in any way, it was really that big. Lovely bangs. 

I love my brother's hands, like if the photographer gets any closer he's going turn on the tickle monster. And how about my dad, rockin' those sideburns and the famous Thomas chin dimple? Nice, eh?

My parents have been divorced for a long time, is it weird if I hang this in my house?




2 comments:

Gina said...

Not weird at all. It's a snapshot of a moment in time, you love the photo, and it's your house :)

Karen said...

Totally hang that thing! And your Dad looks like David Schwimmer. Priceless.

 
>