>

Monday, February 13, 2012

Other people are so clever.

 I've started framing some of my favorite quotes and hanging them around the house. A few months ago I found this Etsy shop that sells super cute letter press prints. The "Dire Warning" collection is full of good advice. Things like "Don't  bark if you can't bite." and "Beer before whiskey, mighty risky." Truer words were never printed on card stock.

I bought this one and hung it next to my desk. It's a good reminder. Sometimes I open my mouth and things just fall out. It's awful. If I had physical scars from all the times my tongue has cut my throat I'd be a mess. (A bigger mess....or a different kind of mess...or something.)

 I ordered this one this morning. 

Here are a couple more from my collection that are making me laugh lately~

“Even among men lacking all distinction he inevitably stood out as a man lacking more distinction than all the rest, and people who met him were always impressed by how unimpressive he was.” -Joseph Heller (Catch 22)


 “I haven’t the slightest idea how to change people, but still I keep a long list of prospective candidates just in case I should ever figure it out.” — David Sedaris 

I'm thinking of having that one printed on a poster. Or a t-shirt. 
Or my forehead.

2 comments:

Ginger said...

That's so funny! I love all of those!

the running couple said...

I went there, to your Etsy link...cost me two hours...

I wish I was crafty.

 
>