>

Thursday, February 16, 2012

Nope, not hooked on endorphins yet.

You wanna know why I'm still running? It's not because I'm in love with it (I'm starting to think that "real runners" saying they're addicted is akin to sending novice campers on a snipe hunt. NOT LAUGHING GUYS!). I'm still running because while I may never be a subscriber to the Joyful Joggers Club, I'm a long time gold card holding member (in good standing) of the Seven Deadly Sin Association. (Our meetings are way fun.)

The two that drive me to the gym ~ Pride & Gluttony

Gluttony~What I learned from keeping a food diary for two weeks was that I have no will power and that I am awesome at eating a lot of the wrong things. Portion size means nothing to me. I don't really know what to say except "Compared to WHUT?!" 

But it will all be okay, because if I can arrange to make it to the gym, (no small task by the way, being over scheduled is the 8th deadly sin) my other deadly sin kicks in......

Pride~Last week I ran a full mile more than I had planned to because someone got on the treadmill next to me and I refused to stop running until after they did. I'm sure that person (who was probably 75, because I go to the Y and compared to most of the other patrons I'm a spring chicken) was in awe of my stamina. That or they didn't even notice because they were just passing time until The Price is Right was over and could care less about me or my vanity. Old people are so selfish.

3 comments:

Ginger said...

ha ha ha ha... you sound like me. I love it!

lori.huffaker said...

Another small reminder that you are the female version of my husband. Remind me to tell you of the time he almost had heart attack because he didn't want to let the younger, in better shape girl who was running behind him on the canal pass him. What's wrong with you people?

Karen said...

Ha ha ... "Compared to Whut?" I love that shell like she was my own I tell ya!

 
>