>

Thursday, February 2, 2012

I'm feeling a little hostile about the weather.

So, six more weeks of winter, eh? It's going to take a lot more than some cute little fraidy pants rodent to scare me.

Like actual winter.

Living in Arizona I know that I'm never going to have one of those Chicago style winters some of you have to put up with, and that's fine (my nose gets all red when it's cold, its way unattractive), but I do look forward to a few weeks when I can wear a sweater without risking heat exhaustion. I don't feel like that's too much to ask. This winter has been such a disappointment (I'm sorry if that makes you feel bad Winter, but I had to say it, you're letting me down.) I can't remember the last time I used my snow shovel.  I don't think there has been a really cold day this year. In fact, I looked it up, our coldest day, here in Mesa, was way back in early December when was a chilly 51 degrees. That's it. 51 degrees. We're kidding ourselves if we call 51 degrees a cold day. (Even though I probably DID wear gloves that day. You have to play the cards you're dealt people.)

Yesterday I got an e-mail from my dear friend Johnnie Boden, of the "we will sell you the cutest skirt you've ever laid eyes on" Bodens, he just wanted to let me know that Pea Coats were on sale. It felt a little like he was taunting me.

Six more weeks of this, ha! Make it 12 why don't you? Really, make it 12. In 6 weeks we're going to be rapidly approaching HOT. I'd like to see that groundhog show his furry little face around August 2nd to predict an end to my least favorite season. We'll think up something just as scary as seeing his shadow to estimate how much longer summer will last. Something like how many seconds he can stand barefoot in a parking lot.

4 comments:

Scott said...

Suck it up.

the running couple said...

Us Virginians are adoring our 50 degree days...you should think about visiting...indefinitely. Next week, it'g going to rain and we'll see lows in the 30's...that's Pea Coat weather for sure.

Brittany said...

You should get that pea coat because 50 degrees is cold. And it must be cute if it's Boden.

carrie said...

It's a brisk 19 here today. As much as I enjoy boot weather and snow, anything below freezing is just cruel.

 
>