>

Tuesday, January 3, 2012

Wow! January ALREADY?

Is it my imagination or did December zip by? (Or maybe it just seemed to zip by after I lost all those days in the black hole of jury duty.) Anyway, I'm not all that sad to see December or 2011 go. Not that 2011 was bad. Really, aside from that nervous breakdown I nearly had over my son deciding to get married, it was a pretty good year. But what's done is done, let's get on with 2012, shall we?

Before we do, can I just take a minute (or 10) and tell you about the awesomness that was under my tree on Christmas morning? 

I'm one of those people who really means it when she says please don't get me anything. I don't need anything and b.) I'm super picky when I do need something. It's better for all parties to just send some good vibes my way and call it a day. However.......once in a while a perfect gift comes along.....enter these 3 items that came into my life in December. 

1. Season 1 of Parenthood. (It was actually a birthday present, but who's counting?)
2. An ipod touch. Holy moly!! I asked for an ipod because I thought it would be helpful with my continuing goal (not new year's resolution) of becoming a world class runner. (Or maybe it's my goal of becoming a runner at all. Same dif.) Anyway....ipod touches are awesome!! I had no idea, it does so much more than play music. I'm loving the apps. Especially Instagram. 
 And, please notice, if you don't mind, the excellent Kentucky blue cover I found for it at Marshalls for $6.99. (Take that Target, with your silly $20.00 covers. Hmhpf!)
3. Last, but certainly not least, my very favorite gift was a letter from my son. Every year my kids ask me what I want for Christmas and Mother's Day and every year I tell them the same thing. Money. Kidding!! Real Estate. Hee. I'm so funny.

I tell them I don't want gifts. Because it's true. I really don't want gifts. (what else could I need anyway? I have an ipod.) 

This year our 19 year old wrote me a sweet letter. I was so surprised that I started kind of ugly crying in front of my new daughter-in-law. Nothing says welcome to the family like your new mother-in-law having a mini breakdown on Christmas morning.

What'd you get?

No comments:

 
>