>

Monday, January 9, 2012

This might not seem like an emergency to you....

....but my sanity (or um, the little bit that I possess and honestly cannot afford to lose) could be at stake.

You know that thing when you get a song stuck in your head and no matter how many other songs you listen to it won't go away?

UGH! You know what I wanna know? Why don't you ever get stuck with a good song?

Saturday I got into my car after my husband had driven it somewhere and there was some kind of 70's-80's R&B station playing. I don't remember what was playing first, something not bad enough to make me change the station immediately, next thing you know, before I even realized what was happening, I'm singing along to Secret Lovers.

That's right, I know the words to Secret Lovers, don't pretend like you don't.

When it got to "if we're found out it could mess up both our happy homes...."which was surely the understatement of the 80's (if you don't count "like a virgin, touched for the very first time" cause really, who did she think she was kidding?). I thought, this is the WORST SONG EVER! EVER!! And I turned the radio clean off! But it was too late, it's been playing on a loop in my head pretty much non-stop since then.

I'm going nuts over here. Anybody know a good home remedy for getting bad 80's music out of your brain?






2 comments:

Michelle said...

Damn it! Now I am going to be singing that song all night. Supposedly the cure for an ear worm is to sing it all the way through.

Brittany said...

AHHH! I swear I just got that song out of my head after 25 years! Now I'm going to have to play Just Dance so more so I can get that Katy Perry song about daisy dukes and bikini tops back in my head

 
>