>

Friday, January 6, 2012

Things I just don't understand.....no matter how hard I try.

Ok, a couple of these I haven't tried all that hard to understand, but my time is limited, ya know?

1. Watching movies at school~ What is going on nowadays? I hate to be one of those "back in my day" old ladies (not really, I love saying things like "why when I was a girl..."). My son brought home a list of "films" he may be asked to watch in his writing class. I'm supposed to sign it and send it back if I find the content acceptable. I haven't sent it back yet because frankly, I do not find it acceptable, I don't have any idea how the crap on this list, which included Alvin and the Chipmunks, could possibly make 7th graders better writers. Insight, anyone?

2. Gwyneth Paltrow~ I'm sure you've all heard about Gwyn's little website goop, where she tries to help those less refined become, um, more refined. But have you heard about this? Gwyneth is now selling, on her website, The goop Cleanse. You're going to have to click on the link to read more about it, but let me just say this, it ain't cheap to have your insides as clean as Gwyneth's, $425, however, it does come in chocolate, so......

3. Polarized Sunglasses~ What does that mean? Polarized? You know, in relation to sunglasses?

4. Bronies~ You guys, this is just weird. Weirder than Gwyneth's cleanse. Men who are My Little Pony fans. They're called Bronies. Here's a quote from the article I read at Wired~

“First we can’t believe this show is so good, then we can’t believe we’ve become fans for life, then we can’t believe we’re walking down the pink aisle at Toys R Us or asking for the girl’s toy in our Happy Meal,” Allen said in an e-mail to Wired.com. “Then we can’t believe our friends haven’t seen it yet, then we can’t believe they’re becoming bronies too.”


You know what? I can't believe it either!! Is it just me or is this kind of weird?


There you go, a few things to ponder over the weekend. You're welcome.

2 comments:

NatureGirl said...

I wouldn't let my kids watch Alvin and the Chipmunks outSIDE of school...I certainly wouldn't want their brains shrunken while they are IN school...

wesley's mom (sue) said...

My point exactly!

 
>