>

Monday, January 23, 2012

So, what's new?

How was your weekend? Mine was meh.

Friday I went to a funeral. I’ve decided that if you can get out of here and leave your grandkids weeping you win. Seriously. My newest goal is to be such a rocking grandma that my teenage grandchildren agree to give sobbing speeches at my funeral, because if you can bring teenagers to their knees you must have been an amazing person. That’s my theory anyway.

After the funeral we went to Jason’s for lunch. You know what I love about Jason’s? They use good tomatoes and they don’t skimp on the bacon. Best BLT in town. Also, free ice cream. There are no calories in free ice cream.

Saturday a tutor came to do math with my son while I watched basketball. I don’t know when I’ve had a more blissful 2 hours. Kentucky won and someone who actually knows something about Algebra helped get the homework done without any drama. Who needs spa treatments?

Saturday night we watched Moneyball. Have you seen it? I personally didn’t think it lived up to the hype.

Yesterday after church I had an opportunity to have a conversation with a crazy person. I seem to have a lot of opportunities to talk to crazy people. It’s not as thrilling as it sounds. You know those people who say stuff like “You should read this book about auras. Being able to see and read other people’s auras has changed my life!” Sometimes I wish crazy people could read my mind (or my aura) I think our conversations would be shorter.

No comments:

 
>