>

Monday, December 19, 2011

Bah Humbug!

Last night, after opening all the Amazon boxes and having a little gift inventory, I found myself placing a final desperate eleventh hour order in an effort to make sure everyone's dreams come true Sunday morning. I have to tell you, I'm starting to feel a little put out with Christmas.


First of all, I'm having a hard time believing it has been an entire year already, didn't we just celebrate Christmas a couple of weeks ago? I think there's some Harry Potter time turner mumbo jumbo going on around here, and that's not cool. NOT COOL Christmas, do you hear me?

Secondly, we have too much junk. My kids do, your kids do, I for sure do. I feel like I'm running around racking my brain trying to find the perfect gift for people who already have everything. People!! Stop buying stuff! Otherwise you're getting a gift card from me, and I don't care if you think that's not a fun or thoughtful gift. I am tired. I thought of 10 things you would like then I found out you already had them. Obviously I can figure out what you like, but if you already have 2 of them why would I get you another? 

Also, Christmas, would it be possible to change up the menu? These sugar plums are going straight to my hips and considering how unjolly I'm feeling, it's not looking as hot on me as it does on Santa.

Am I the only one feeling cranky about Christmas? 




1 comment:

lori.huffaker said...

You are not the only one, for sure. What are you going through is what I always hate about Christmas. That is not my problem this year. This year I have the blues, seriously, like cry every 20 minutes or so, in fact my eyes filled with tears as I typed that, sheesh Christmas, where's my holly jolliness?

 
>