>

Friday, November 18, 2011

Because I care about world events, and so should you

So many things important things have gone on while I have been on vacation and away from the newspaper. (Just kidding, I don’t read the newspaper. Ha! Paper. Who uses that stuff anymore?) Anyway, I know I’m late and everything I have to say is old news and there’s new news already but I feel compelled to comment on a few items anyway.

First, Herman Cain…..you ding dong you! You are cracking me up!!  I can TOTALLY see why people would think you should be our next president.  I was going to post the Mike Tyson does HermanCain video because it’s really funny but I decided Herman is just as funny as he can be all by himself.



Next, Kim Kardashian, hmmm.  Since I don’t have cable, I have not even seen one episode of her show,  though I’m sure it’s captivating, perhaps if I had there would be a side of Kim that I would feel compassionate toward or even curious about, instead I just think the whole thing is dumb. HOWEVER, my friend *Joel Stein who writes a column for TIME magazine called The Awesome Column, which it totally is, had some insightful things to say about the whole Kardashian fiasco. You can read them here. He’s funny and smart. He says things like “We have created a culture where marriage is less important than the wedding, which is less important than the Vegas bachelorette party, which is less important than the Facebook photos of the bachelorette party.” Amen says the woman who paid $50.00 to get married at a drive by wedding stand in South Carolina to the man she is still married to and has never once regretted not spending $500.00 on a dress she would only wear once.

Basketball season is here. I’m sure I will have much more to say in the coming weeks, but for now I don’t want to be all braggy and jinx anything, because, as you can imagine, my brags have been known to have jinxing power, let's just leave it at winning is FUN! and call it good for today.

*Joel Stein and I are not really friends, but I know we would be if he would only return my calls and e-mails.  Just kidding. I have never called or e-mailed Joel Stein. That would be weird. Which I am NOT.

No comments:

 
>