>

Thursday, November 3, 2011

In case you were wondering......

I want to thank you all for your kind words of condolence. Our computer fixer called this afternoon and it looks like my hard drive is indeed dead. I'm little embarrassed to admit this, but I almost cried when she told me. All day I've been remembering things that are on that computer, and ONLY on that computer. Addresses, e-mails, copies of this, that, and the other thing. Ugh. She did say that it would be a good idea to hang on to the hard drive in the event that sometime in the future a new way becomes available to extract information from dead hard drives. For some reason this gives me a mental image of a room full of cryogenically frozen computers. Not necessarily comforting. On the brightish side, I've kept a family blog for several years and there are quite a few pictures there, so....yay?

In the morning my daughter and I are heading out to Virginia to meet our new nephew/cousin and start a wild rumpus with his 3 siblings. I didn't even start packing until 6 o'clock this evening. I know!! Hopefully we're just going to be hanging out at home covered in spit up, cause I mostly packed track pants and goofy t-shirts.

Traveling gives me anxiety, I'm not good at leaving my house, especially when half of my family is in it. Also, I'm a little nervous about taking a trip alone with my daughter. We're like Felix and Oscar. It could be a long day. For both of us.

No comments:

 
>