>

Monday, September 19, 2011

Believe it or not

I don't like thrift stores. They smell bad. No bargain is worth enduring the smell for an hour of rooting through other people's discards.

I don't like Cafe Rio. There. I said it, what are you going to do about it?

I've never been to Anthropologie. I can drive, I could have gone anytime I wanted, I've just haven't ever wanted to that badly.

I don't eat curry. I've never even tried it. The color is off putting.

I didn't go to Target for their Missoni debut. I like Missoni but as soon as something becomes trendy and widely available it's dead to me. I don't know why. Mostly likely a character flaw.

Sometimes I'm cranky for no apparent reason.

I have lived in Arizona for 20 years and never been to the Grand Canyon. I'm afraid one of my children will fall in. True story.


*linking to Heather of the EO's just write feature today. 


9 comments:

Ginger said...

Okay... you are so my kind of person.

1. I don't like thrift stores either. My sister is the the thrift store queen and keeps trying to make me go with her. I just won't.
2. I've never been to Cafe Rio. Don't care if I ever do.
3. I don't know what Anthropologie is. I've never heard of it.
4. I have no desire to try currie. It sounds spicy and I don't really like spicy.
5. The nearest Target to me is 2 1/2 hours away so I missed the Missoni debut too... (I don't know what Missoni is either.)
6. I've lived 4 hours from the Grand Canyon the entire 37 1/2 years of my existence on this planet and I've never been there either.

Sorry to leave you a novel for a comment, but these similarities were just to much for me to pass up! :)

Todd said...

Oh come on, the Grand Canyon is totally going to be worth it. And besides, you have so many kids you could spare one.

wesley's mom (sue) said...

Ginger~That settles it, we HAVE to meet in person!

Todd~You always think you could spare one until one of them decides to get hitched and you're faced with really getting rid of them. I'm about to be one down already. There's no way I can afford to go to the Grand Canyon now.

lori.huffaker said...

You are my friend for a reason.
1. I TRY to like thrift stores, I want to save money, but I agree completely. I don't have it in me to spend as much time as it takes to really find something awesome. And I feel like I need to shower when I leave.
2. I only like the salad at Care Rio. I dislike all the trendy mommys a lunching there though.
3. Anthorpoligie is just a stupid name to make youpay tons of money for not very attractive clothes. I also do not go there.
4. Curry smells bad. I have really never tried any Indian food. I think it all smells bad.
5. Who is Missoni?
6. I went to the Grand Canyon as a child. I didn't fall in. I have been trying to gat Darin to take me for 28 years. He won't.

wesley's mom (sue) said...

Lori (& Ginger)~ I have added links to everything so you no longer have to live in Missoni darkness. (the real stuff is super expensive, but I bet you could find some cheap at a thrift store if you were so inclined)

Darin is probably just trying to keep you from falling into the Grand Canyon. You should thank him for not taking you there. He loves you.

Corinne said...

I would be afraid of my kids falling in too!!! :)

Brandee Shafer said...

I love thrift stores! Also, I love that you know you DON'T! :)

Heather EO said...

oh my goodness, this cracked me up.

I'd worry about my kids falling in, too. Just saying.

Galit Breen said...

Hee! Lovin the confessions here! :)

 
>