>

Tuesday, August 23, 2011

And there you have it.....

This morning my son gave me this synopsis of The French and Indian War that he allegedly learned in his American History class.

 “The French were trading the Indians stuff like pots for all of their fur. Then the British came along and wanted to be fur sellers. But the French people liked the Wal-Mart prices they had been paying so they teamed up with the Indians to fight the Brits. We haven’t finished the chapter yet so I don’t know who won but I’m guessing not the Indians.” 

I don’t even know what to say. Public education is an amazing thing. Truly.

2 comments:

Karen said...

I know that I certainly like to blame my ignorance on public education. Why oh why couldn't I have been sent away to boarding school like every Disney movie with a step-mother involved. It coulda changed my dern life I tell ya!

lori.huffaker said...

I'm gonna have to agree with the French, theres no beatin those Wal Mart prices. It where I go when I want a nice new pelt of some sort. Sad thing is, I don't even remember taking history in high school. I know I did, but I have no memeory of it or what I learned. Sad but true. I would have loved to have been Karen's wild and crazy cigerette smokin climbing out of windows roomate to counteract her PollyAnna disney self at boarding school. Isn't there always a girl like that?

 
>