>

Friday, May 13, 2011

Hey! What about this?!

Report season is finally wrapping up and I for one could not be more thrilled to have had this opportunity to learn all kinds of things about Virginia, New Zealand, Syphilis, and waiting until the last possible moment to tell your mother you need one of those trifold poster boards.

Dear Summer Vacation~You can’t get here fast enough!

On Mother’s Day our daughter gave me this sweet little note that describes me. It’s dead on. If I ever get lost you can print this for the FBI search team.


I’m reading this morning that Ashton Kutcher is to replace Crazypants Sheen on Two and a Half Men. For some reason I am curious about this. I’ve never watched even on episode, but now I’m wondering. Will it be like when that one girl replaced that other girl who played Rosanne’s daughter, will Ashton just show up and be Charlie and everyone pretend that it’s all good even though the first Becky was way more like what we’d imagined a child of Rosanne to be like?

One last thing, I LOVE to listen when my husband talks to his mom on the phone. Hearing his side of the conversation never fails to entertain me. A couple of weeks ago they were talking and he told her something he had found out about something, the actual details are not important, what’s important is the exchange that followed~

Mother-in-law~ “How do you know that’s true?”

Husband~ “Because I looked it up.”

Mother-in-law~ “Why on earth would you look up something like that?”

Husband~ “Because, mom, I’m curious, like a cat. That’s why my friends call me Whiskers.”

Mother-in-law~ “I didn’t know your friends called you Whiskers. Which friends call you Whiskers?”

At this point I had to leave the room because I was laughing so hard.

This is why~

1 comment:

tarable said...

I can't live without Mt. Dew either, diet or regular. But I do like me a dirty house. Otherwise there isn't enough time for reading books & blogs and watching tv. You are lucky to have a daughter who knows you so well.

My oldest is in 1st grade & I about killed him working on a report on scorpions. Can't wait til they all have one, or four.

 
>