>

Thursday, April 28, 2011

I like to ask myself....What would the queen do?

When Charles and Diana had their big wedding thingamajiggy my mom and I woke up super early in the morning and watched the whole thing, live, in our pajamas.  Of course that was in the days before VCRs. 
You know, the stone age.
These days I'm not all that interested in the Royal Family or their shenanigans, however, I did consider waking  our daughter early and making some sweet little memories of our own, but then I remembered, this is the future, age of DVRs and youtube, and I'm convinced watching a recording of some strangers in a strange land getting hitched will be just as fun as watching it live (you know....not very). 

*Edit* As she was heading to bed my daughter asked me what time I was going to wake her up so we could watch the wedding, "just like you did when you were a little girl mommy". Boys and men all through the house were heard whispering "SUCKA!" when I replied "3 a.m honey." It was worth it. That Queen Elizabeth is such a crack up.

No comments:

 
>