>

Sunday, March 13, 2011

The Madness Begins

 *First, let me start by saying, for those of you who haven't heard, Kentucky beat Florida this afternoon, making them the SEC champions for the 27th time. 27 is quite a few times. I'm just sayin'.


When a great idea strikes me on Sunday, besides being grateful it wasn’t lightening, I consider it to be divine inspiration. This morning, on the dawn of the SEC championship game, I woke up feeling impressed that I should start a bracket group. (Don’t be too jealous if you’ve never been prompted to do something so great, I pray a lot.)

If you’ve never filled out a bracket chart before don’t worry. You don’t even have to know anything about basketball.

There are several methods for deciding who will win each game.

A. Dueling mascots. For example, today we learned that an alligator is no contest for a wildcat.
B. Most fashion forward uniform. Personally I find royal blue and white to be a much more timeless combination than, say, black and gold.
C. Vacation destination. Who would want to spend a weekend in dreary old North Carolina when you could go horseback riding in a field of bluegrass?

I'm sure there are plenty of other ways to decide, but I find these 3 scientific methods are plenty for my needs.

Here’s what you do.

1. Go here and create an account.
2. Pick your teams.
3. Whoever has the most points at the end is the winner. You get points when the team you chose wins.
4. Winner gets a new KY shirt to add to their collection. (Ok, the winner can pick any team he or she wants, though I don’t know why you would want a shirt from any other team.)

You will not be able to start picking your teams until sometime later this evening when the first round matchups are announced, once the brackets are open, will have until tipoff time of the March 17th games to complete your choices, the group will then be locked.

May the Force be with you.

PS- Did I mention KY won their 27th SEC title today?

No comments:

 
>