>

Wednesday, March 9, 2011

If I could read minds.......

I’d start with people who ask for advice but really don’t want it, as evidenced by the 6 reasons they will not be able to follow any of helpful suggestions I’ve just given them.

My kids, when I’m giving them instructions for a task which they will later claim they would have completed, except “they never heard me say those things”. Sheesh! Apparently sometimes my voice is invisible.

The mean girl at church who won’t make eye contact when I say hi to her, no matter how many times, how loudly, or how cheerfully I say it.

The guy in front of me at the bookstore buying a copy of Consumed (a book about how marketing tricks us into thinking we need “stuff”), a copy of the LOLcat Bible, some silly bands, and a “You might be a redneck if..” desk calendar.

And of course, I think it goes without saying, Charlie Sheen.

2 comments:

tarable said...

I hate those mean girls!
I'm pretty sure if I could read my boys' minds it would be just like that dog, Doug, on the movie Up.
"Squirrel!"
"Star Wars!"
"Spiderman!"

(And let's remember that I recognized and talked to you at enrichment before you had even finished moving into the ward. Guaranteed you thought I was a stalker. Does that make me the nice girl?)

wesley's mom (sue) said...

Tara you are definitely a nice girl.

 
>