>

Tuesday, March 15, 2011

I might be getting a little carried away. It's been known to happen.

I didn’t sleep very well last night. I kept waking up thinking about my bracket. I’m so torn. I want to win the challenge, but I also want to be loyal to my team and I’m worried that I can’t do both. (I’m also crazy, because who wakes up in the middle of the night worrying about crap like this?)

Is anyone else feeling this kind of pressure? No wonder sports fans gather in bars. I could use a drink about now and the games haven’t even started.

Then, as if I didn’t have enough to worry about, I’ve been hearing that some people are having a hard time figuring out the ESPN site. It is a little confusing. What seems to work best is to click on the link here, create your account, then DON’T sign out but leave the site, come back here, click on the link again and on the topish left hand corner there will be a grey box that says “Group”. Click it. You should have the option to join the group and fill out your chart. Or not. I don’t know. I already had an account so maybe that’s why I didn’t have any problems. If you’ve already done it and you have a tip (or two) could you leave it in a comment?

Also, I’m getting a lot of “I don’t know anything about basketball” excuses for not joining the group. Come on you guys!! Our daughter used a combination plan of cutest mascot and win/loss records to fill hers out. One son circled the top team in every match, some people are still “researching” (which is code for putting it off til the last minute) and our 15 year old is waiting for the college cheerleader chart to be created so he can base his picks on real data, like which school has the best looking girls in a short skirts. (We’re extra proud of him.)There are millions of ways to pick your teams. I promise, it will be fun, and after Thursday morning it will be too late. I’d really hate for anyone (Darcy) to be left out of all the SUPER TONS OF GOOD TIMES the rest of us are going to have obsessing over our teams for the next few weeks.

And now, a few words about the prize, because apparently just being the winner is not enough glory for some people, there have been questions, like these~

1. “Is there a dollar limit? ‘Cause I’m pretty picky about my shirts.” (This question came from a man who shops at Bass Pro. Really, you’re picky?)
2. “So, you will buy me a Harlem Globe Trotters shirt? Sweet.” (This question comes from a boy who mistakenly thinks the Harlem Globe Trotters are part of the NCAA, his basketball education clearly has some gaps. So tragic.)

Here’s the deal, you pick the team and the size and I will not even make you come and pick it up. You tell me where to send it and I will throw your shirt in a box AND pay the post office to bring it to you. You aren’t going to find a deal like that lurking around every corner.

Just fill out your chart already, IF you win I’ll get you a nice shirt. Sheesh!

Links~

Bracket Group
Mascot Bracket
School Color Bracket

5 comments:

Anonymous said...

What if the problem you're having isn't that you can't decide which mascot is the sexiest or which team is most likely to win based on the average height of the starting line-up, but rather that you genuinely don't give a crap about basketball in any way, shape, or form?
I feel that I would somehow be cheapening the experience for the rest of you if I, in yet another sad attempt to fit in with the cool kids, picked a winner for your silly tournament. And worse still, what if I accidentally won. I don't have a favorite basketball team (Although, the Harlem Globetrotters were on Gilligan's Island. More than once.) or a desire for a shirt from a team from some University I've never even driven past must less attended.
No, I think that I will just sit this one out. Please forgive me.

-Todd

lori.huffaker said...

Dear Anonymous,
I have no problem admitting that I am only doing this so the cool kids (SUE) will like me better than her other friends and might consider me for her BFF. I will probably also choose a Kentucky shirt if I win just to impress her further, even though I really didn't even know Kentucky had a university before I met your super cool sister.

Anonymous said...

Lori,

First off, Sue is not as cool as she pretends to be. The position of Sue's BFF is highly overrated.
Secondly, of course Kentucky has a University. Farming skills do not just come naturally.
And C) you should take the Harlem Globetrotters shirt over the UK shirt any day. I mean when were the Wildcats ever on Gilligan's Island?

-Todd

wesley's mom (sue) said...

You kids need to settle down a little bit. It's true I'm not all that cool, but I can't help it if that's the public perception. Also, if being on Gilligan's Island is your measure of a successful team, we need to talk.

ps~When you sign your name you lose some of the mystery of your anonymous status. Just sayin'.

Scott Thomas said...

There is nothing wrong with shopping at Bass Pro, just saying. Where are you going to get your ammo when the end of the world comes? Or better yet your smoker to cook that meat in?

ST

 
>