>

Wednesday, March 16, 2011

About that one thing.......


Being serious is not one of my superpowers and sometimes when something important happens I don’t talk about it, not because I don’t care, but because I don’t feel that I have the skills to express those kinds of feelings.

The recent and current events in Japan have been constantly on the minds of our family as we sit glued to the TV and internet filled with sadness and hope.

When our children were younger we had the privilege of hosting Japanese exchange students for 3 or 4 years in a row. It was a great opportunity for all of us to learn about the people and customs of Japan and especially for our children to experience a little bit of another culture. As we have remained in contact, admittedly often sporadically, with some of these students, I've had the chance to notice that although we are different in many ways, we are also very much the same. I can not imagine what it would be like to have my life destroyed so violently.

So, I guess I just wanted to say that we’re praying for the people of Japan, and ask you to do the same.

2 comments:

Karen said...

Nice, Sue. At least you don't get the giggles during very inappropriate and serious subject matters. I'm awful!

wesley's mom (sue) said...

No, I don't giggle. I cackle. On Monday, during a serious FHE lesson, I started laughing, really hard, and got in trouble from Sylvan for being a bad example.

 
>